Saturday 2 June 2012

Coronation - Frizes Leasowes 18/5/12

We had a party at school and I went dressed in an Irish costume. Others went in Welsh, Scottish and English costume.

Dad decorated the garden in red, white and blue.

We went to London afterwards to see all the decorations, the flags and things and where the important people had sat on the seats.

Everyone had street parties; everyone was friendly and mucked in. You left your doors open and you’d have a key on some string and you’d pull it through the letterbox to unlock the door. You never locked your back door.

I was 6 years old and went to Harts Hill School in Oakengates. Everyone had a cup  made of blue glass.

I had a long silver box with chocolates in it given to me in Sheffield where I was living.

No comments:

Post a Comment