Friday 11 May 2012

Memories of the Coronation - Newfield Court

I remember having a street party on Great Colmore Street in Birmingham. There were tables all down the street and people bring food out. Every school child was given a medal which cost 5 shillings, they were presented at the party and we were given a mug as well.

I remember my dad taking me to the dressed rehearsal, because it would be too busy to go the next week.
My dad’s cousins remembered making a lot of money from tips when they cleaned the public toilets
I was on first aid duty in Trafalgar Square for the St John’s ambulance when she was living in London. She attended one person who was pushed hard against the barriers, they would not move and lose there place, so I got them under the barrier and stayed with her and got a front row seat of the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment